6) an acute, crying, desperate, dire, pressing, urgent need
7) a basic, fundamental; biological; emotional, psychological; personal; physical; physiological; spiritual; unfulfilled, unmet; universal need
8) bodily; emergency; material needs
9) a need for (there is no need for violence)
10) a need to + inf. (there was a pressing need to act immediately; there was no need for you to go)
11) in need (to live in dire need; badly in need)
12) in need of (in crying need of food)
USAGE NOTE: The sentence she needn't have gone implies that she did go (though there was no need for her to go). The sentence she didn't need to go does not indicate if she went or not.
1) to need badly, desperately, sorely
2) (E) we all need to work
3) (F; in neg. and occ. in interrogative sentences) she need not work; or: she doesn't need to work; need she go. or: does she need to go.
4) (G) the house needs painting
Permanent link to this page: http://www.diclib.com/cgi-bin/d1.cgi?l=en&base=bbicombinatory&page=showid&id=6449
soy un chico respetuoso, amigable, muy sociable con las demás personas, aunque a veces soy de carácter fuerte aunque no es de que preocuparse, porque eso lo controlo fácilmente y me gusta conocer gente nueva.