Примеры употребления слова "fitting" в англоязычной прессе:
1. Time magazine had described a hero fitting the bill of a "noble savage", and the Caucasus was all the rage, with Leo Tolstoy and Alexander Dumas writing about the area.
(Helsingin Sanomat, 2006-01-10)
2. He hasn't actually seen any collisions in the hall, but here, too, there are tell-tale horizontal scuff-marks on some of the painted concrete stanchions. "A Jap vehicle like this has no trouble fitting into the spaces", says Esa Harju at the K-Supermarket parking hall.
(Helsingin Sanomat, 2005-09-13)
3. The worker was fitting railings to the balcony when it gave way. The woman was unconscious when she was rushed to the hospital.
4. The study also showed that six in 10 teachers had noticed that newcomers, those with problems fitting in or who are “different” in any way are often the targets of violence. The same study also showed that more than three-quarters (77 percent) of schoolchildren claimed to have witnessed instances of violence in their schoolyard.
5. Police said the driver had admitted his part in the incident after being called in for questioning three times in the last few days. During the past week, authorities had questioned more than 50 taxi drivers fitting the description given to them by the victim.