Примеры употребления слова "glimpse" в англоязычной прессе:
1. At times the pages overflow with humour, and at others, there is a feeling of severe self-flagellation. The pages offer a glimpse into ordinary family life, which can be read both in the text itself and between the lines.
(Helsingin Sanomat, 2005-08-16)
2. "The street had been empty for a few moments, and I can assure you that the faces of the sea of people waiting to catch a glimpse of presidents along Mannerheimintie - and those of the police drafted in to watch them - were a treat when around the corner came not the rows of limos with tinted windows but my beaten-up, smoky 1'62 Wartburg two-stroke, with its exhaust pipe rattling on the ground", recalls Nyberg.
(Helsingin Sanomat, 2005-08-02)
3. Kathimerini English Edition takes a look at what facilities are on offer for skiers, snowboarders or those just want a closer glimpse of the white stuff.
4. Policemen tried to prevent people pushing into the queue but mostly to no avail. More than 30,000 people are estimated to have passed through the cathedral over the last two days in order to catch a last glimpse of Christodoulos who died on Monday after a battle against cancer.
5. TV viewers get their one and only glimpse of leaders being questioned TATIANA BOLARI/EUROKINISSI TV cameras are seen yesterday lined up outside the headquarters of the state-run broadcaster ERT, which hosted the televised debate between the leaders of the six parties competing for parliamentary seats in the election.