Примеры употребления слова "plea" в англоязычной прессе:
1. Lawyer’s plea The employment lawyer who has been in custody since March because of his alleged role in the blackmail of former Culture Ministry general secretary Christos Zachopoulos has submitted a second appeal to be released.
2. The hot weather caused ground-level ozone to exceed limits, prompting the ministry to ask residents to use public transport rather than their own cars. It also extended a plea to factories that emit pollutants to stop operating between 11 a.m. and sunset.
3. PASSARIS PLEA Convicted murderer wants to return to Greek prison and face charges Costas Passaris, who was once Greece’s most-wanted criminal and is currently serving a life sentence in a Romanian prison, has asked authorities in Athens to let him see out the remainder of his term in a Greek jail.
4. Harrington had initially pleaded not guilty but changed his plea. The court said Harrington had used his rental car to ram the motorcycle, being driven by Demetriou, following a brawl at a club which had not involved the two Cypriots.
5. Guilty plea A Greek shipping company has agreed to pay a US$1 million (740,000 euros) fine after pleading guilty in a United States District Court to illegally dumping oily waste into the ocean, the US attorney’s office said.